Economic Development, a division of Economic Development Winnipeg Inc., collaborates with industry and government to pursue opportunities for internal and external investment, and business development and attraction.
- Lead collaboration efforts for business retention, expansion and attraction
- Coordinate the information and support needs of Winnipeg’s strategic industry sectors
Economic Development collaborates with industry, industry associations, universities and colleges, research organizations/institutes and government to pursue investment and business expansion/attraction opportunities.
Economic Development’s objectives are to:
- Market regional advantages to attract investment
- Evaluate issues critical to Winnipeg’s economic development
- Act as an industry advocate and liaison
- Support the growth and global competitiveness of key industries
- Assist companies with site selection
- Connect businesses and build relationships
- Market Winnipeg’s business environment
- Target opportunities for business development
- Provide community and lifestyle information
Gross Domestic Product at Basic Prices by Industry - Winnipeg
Winnipeg Fast Facts
Fast Facts provides a quick yet thorough snapshot of Winnipeg. For more in depth statistical research on Winnipeg and our key sectors, download a copy of Quarterly Economic Highlights in the Our Economy area of our website, which also features Conference Board forecasts and up-to-date information on major developments in Winnipeg.
Winnipeg Advantages for Business and Investors
Winnipeg - An Introduction