Industries in Winnipeg constantly adapt to changing markets – adjusting to new technologies, applications and consumer trends. With a knowledgeable workforce, changes are viewed as opportunities. Winnipeg’s training infrastructure ensures companies are poised to excel in these changing environments.
Workforce Training Programs
- Training and Continuing Education Division - Provides programs and services which create opportunities to develop a skilled and adaptable workforce supporting the Province's social and economic goals
- Industry Workforce Development (IWD) - Works with industry associations to develop new approaches to meet human resource training needs in strategic industry sectors
- Apprenticeship - Coordinates the training and qualifications system which delivers accredited, structured, workplace-based skills and technical training to apprentices leading to journeyperson certification
- Red River College Corporate Solutions - Meets the needs of businesses with innovative education and training solutions. Everything from workshops and seminars to industry accredited courses and certificate programs. All delivered by industry recognized experts, where and when you need them.
Industry Sector Associations Providing Training Support
- Arts and Culture Industries Association of Manitoba Inc.
- Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
- Film Training Manitoba Inc.
- Information and Communication Technologies Association of Manitoba
- Life Sciences Association of Manitoba
- Manitoba Aerospace Human Resources
- Manitoba Audio Recording Industry Association
- Manitoba Aviation Council
- Manitoba Construction Sector Council
- Manitoba Customer Contact Association
- Manitoba Environmental Industries Association
- Manitoba Food Processors Association
- Manitoba Northern Sector Council
- Manitoba Print Industry Association
- Manitoba Tourism Education Council
- New Media Manitoba
Employment Manitoba is the employment services agency of the Government of Manitoba. Employment Manitoba works with employers and business to help address their workforce development and adjustment requirements. The following are some of the services Employment Manitoba provides:
- Direct Employment Services – provides a range of services including support for skills training
- Employment Partnerships – provides employers with financial assistance to deliver job-specific workplace-based training for income assistance clients
- Skills Training Opportunities – provides income assistance to recipients in high-demand occupations or occupational areas experiencing skill shortages
- Wage Subsidies – provides work experience to income assistance clients
Source: Manitoba Competitiveness, Training and Trade