Video SpotlightWHY WINNIPEG for BUSINESS? Quality of Life
Quality of Life
Local Businesses Love Winnipeg
Winnipeg’s got a lot going for it. Our quality of life is a key reason the city's business community can find—and keep—the skilled workers they need to help them stay competitive. National recruiters agree that Winnipeg is one of the toughest cities from which to lure talent away.
We’ve got the NHL's Winnipeg Jets. We've also got Winnipeg Blue Bombers football and Winnipeg Goldeyes baseball. There's always world-renowned musicians coming through town to play at some of the most respected venues in the country. And we can't forget about Winnipeg's locally produced events, either: there's the Winnipeg Folk Festival, Folklorama, Festival du Voyageur. The list goes on.
Life in Winnipeg: Heart of the Action
Take a look at the quick snapshot of possibilities presented below, and we think you’ll understand why Winnipeggers—newcomers and generation-spanning inhabitants alike—really love where they live.
- Live, Work and Play: All the amenities of a big city but with a ‘small town’ feel; available, accessible and affordable.
- Recreation: Four seasons and virtually all sports, including hunting, fishing, water-sports, and the highest per capita golf participation in Canada.
- The Great Outdoors: Assiniboine Park and Zoo, Bird’s Hill Provincial Park, Riding Mountain National Park, Grand Beach, 100,000+ lakes, the highest cottage ownership in Canada per capita.
- Arts and Culture: Theatre, ballet, symphony, festivals, museums, galleries, hundreds of restaurants featuring dozens of culinary styles.
- Concerts: One of North America’s busiest arenas (MTS Centre).
- Shopping: Forks Market, several major shopping malls, Seasons of Tuxedo, Osborne Village, the Exchange District.
Want to Know More?
For more great information about life in Winnipeg, we invite you to explore a section of this website called Living Here.