The compelling list of reasons to consider Canada starts with the country’s stellar economic fundamentals:
- Rated the world’s soundest banking system five years in a row by the World Economic Forum
- Fastest economic growth among G7 countries expected for 2013 according to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Lowest net debt-to-GDP ratio in the G7 according to the IMF
- Lowest overall tax rate on new business investment in the G7
- Highest proportion of college and university graduates among OECD countries (51% of the adult population has a post-secondary degree)
- One of the most generous R&D tax-incentive regimes in the industrialized world
- Lowest costs in the G7 for R&D intensive sectors, with up to a 10.7% advantage over the U.S.
- Highest quality of life in the G7 (second-highest in the G20), featuring public health care
Consider Canada City Alliance
Twelve economic development agencies from Canada’s large cities—including Economic Development Winnipeg—work together as the Consider Canada City Alliance to promote Canada as an ideal destination for global trade and investment.
As a united front, Canada’s large cities—Toronto, Montréal, Vancouver, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Québec City, Winnipeg, Waterloo Region, London, Halifax and Saskatoon—help international companies determine the best strategies for business expansion and continually improve Canada’s ability to attract new investment and trade opportunities.
These large cities accounted for 72 per cent of GDP growth and 90 per cent of job growth within Canada between 2007 and 2012.
Want to learn more? Check out Consider Canada’s website.