Business Development Manager – Bring It Home
Economic Development Winnipeg is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic, results-oriented sales and business development professional as part of the Bring It Home Program team. The Bring It Home (BIH) program is a targeted initiative within Economic Development Winnipeg Inc. (EDW) designed to work with influential leaders, board members and those in specialized areas of research, in order to attract business events to Winnipeg.
The Business Development Manager – Bring It Home Program is responsible for advancing all aspects of the Bring It Home Program and related campaigns, with particular focus on attracting business events to Winnipeg. The incumbent works within assigned key sector(s) to identify and pursue potential opportunities to leverage local influencers, business leaders, and board members to attract large national and international business events to the city, promoting and showcasing Winnipeg as a destination of choice to increase both tourist and business traveler visitation.
• Proactively identify prospects from within industry associations, sector councils, leading firms, business leaders, and subject matter experts from government and academia;
• Conduct daily prospecting and qualifying sales calls to potential and existing local influencers (through cold calls and lead generation), and convert prospects into business for Winnipeg;
• Develop and deliver presentations to high-level executives and key influencers;
• Collaborate and align the Bring It Home Program with the priorities of the Y!W team, in consultation with Tourism Winnipeg;
• Work strategically with Y!W to share information and contacts on business events that may be a source of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) leads in key local industry sectors;
• Work in close partnership with Business Events Canada, maximizing Winnipeg’s visibility and strategically leveraging federal resources in support of the Bring It Home Program;
• Provide strategic support to local host committees, ensuring the successful transition from the bid process and securing of contracts to offering Tourism Winnipeg client services assistance;
• Identify program requirements for marketing, communications and other sales related materials to be coordinated with the Marketing & Branding team;
• Responsible for managing relevant aspects the Bring It Home Program budget;
• Willingness and ability to travel within Canada if/when needed, with most travel being in the Winnipeg area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Energetic, hard-working and passionate about strengthening the Winnipeg business community;
• Ability to think creatively and work well independently and within a team environment;
• Strong aptitude for relationship building and strategic networking;
• Results-driven and detail-oriented;
• A strategic thinker with superb analytical skills;
• Understanding of/experience with the business event and conference cycle;
• Financial knowledge and experience with budget management;
• Strong sales and business acumen and understanding of what a business needs to succeed;
• Excellent communicator, including superior presentation, listening and writing skills;
• High degree of professionalism, ownership and responsibility.
• University degree in a business-related field with a minimum of 3-5 years business development/sales experience and a track record of success;
• Proven history of being able to cultivate new business, and a command of strategic selling fundamentals;
• Extensive experience networking with senior level management and the business community;
• Strong working knowledge of database management, MS Office applications, and CRM technology, as well as a strong willingness to learn and adapt to new software;
• French/English bilingualism is an asset.
If your passion for the city is matched by your proven track record in business development and you have a strong ability to build rapport with diverse clients, this exceptional opportunity is ideal for you. Interested candidates can apply by submitting cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written applications will be accepted until 9 a.m. Monday, August 26, 2019 and applicants of interest will be contacted for an interview.