Business Development Manager, Talent Attraction
Economic Development Winnipeg, through its business development team of YES! Winnipeg, is looking for a dynamic, engaging, and connected business professional who is passionate about Winnipeg and its future, and interested in making a meaningful impact on our community. If you believe in our city and are a natural ambassador for what makes Winnipeg great, consider joining our dynamic and growing team!
The Business Development Manager, Talent Attraction (BDM of Talent) is a senior position on the Talent Team, responsible for supporting talent attraction, development and retention for client companies in Winnipeg. The BDM of Talent understands the various talent channels available, develops relationships with key partners and talent channel contacts, and works closely with the YES! Winnipeg (Y!W) BDMs to deliver advice and support to qualified clients in need of talent.
• Act as an ambassador for the City of Winnipeg, the Province of Manitoba, and Economic Development Winnipeg – demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and class.
• Build and maintain knowledge of partners and talent channels at the local, national, and international levels. Understand skills needs in the city, which organizations can address these, and where additional talent channels can be developed to address gaps.
• Lead through collaboration with our partners. Identify, build, and maintain key relationships with clients, partners, talent channels, post-secondary institutions, and other organizations and stakeholders in support of strategic talent objectives.
• Work collaboratively with municipal, provincial, and federal government partners from relevant departments, aligning and advancing these relationships to deliver on EDW corporate priorities while maintaining political awareness and sensitivity.
• Maintain regular communication with the Y!W BDMs to identify high-potential qualified companies in Winnipeg or looking to come to Winnipeg that are in need of talent, taking the time to understand their opportunities and challenges and tailoring client services accordingly.
• Manage a diverse range of reactive requests, multi-tasking and re-prioritizing to meet deadlines;
• Deliver consistently high levels of client service, differentiating Winnipeg not just through our access to talent, but also through the strength of the services provided by the Talent Team.
• Contribute to YES! Winnipeg strategic planning cycle as appropriate. Work closely with the Director of Talent and Workforce Development to develop annual strategic plans based on the project strategy.
• Provide clear project guidance and informal mentorship to the Business Development Coordinator, Talent Attraction and other junior EDW staff, supporting them to advance their knowledge, networks, and careers. Lead by example.
• Gather intelligence around clients’ needs to educate the development of new materials with Marketing & Branding or research with Market Intelligence to address these needs.
• Willingness and ability to travel within Canada and internationally.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Energetic, hard-working, and passionate about strengthening Winnipeg’s economy
• A natural self-starter, ability to work proactively and manage a diverse portfolio of files
• Strong judgement and the ability to anticipate and diffuse potential issues before they occur
• Ability to think creatively and work well independently and within a team environment
• Strong aptitude for strategic networking and relationship-building
• Flexible and adaptable with the ability to multi-task and respond in a dynamic environment
• Results-driven and detail-oriented• A strategic thinker with superb analytical skills
• Excellent business acumen and understanding of the importance of talent attraction and retention as a key driver of business growth
• Politically astute, basic understanding of the language of government and how to work with it effectively
• Excellent communicator, including superior presentation, listening and writing skills
• Exceptional professionalism and the ability to present well in representing Winnipeg and EDW at the C-suite level
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in a business-related field with a minimum 5-7 years’ professional experience
• A successful track record of success in the areas of human resources, business development, or a related discipline
• Experience delivering results in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary business environment
• Computer literacy/proficiency with Microsoft Office products and CRM platforms
• Willingness and ability to travel within Canada and internationally (between 2-5 trips annually)
• Class 5 driver’s license, a clean driving abstract and access to a vehicle
• French language skills are an asset
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com by 9 am on Monday, March 16, 2020.