Business Development Coordinator – YES! Winnipeg
The Business Development Coordinator (BDC) is a key member of YES! Winnipeg (YW), the business development team of Economic Development Winnipeg (EDW). This 12 month contract position supports all YW departments, employing a project-based approach in working with the various teams. The BDC ensures the accuracy and the timely delivery of projects in order to support economic development efforts, and to enable the pursuit of high-potential business and investment opportunities that contribute meaningfully to the Winnipeg economy.
Responsibilities / Functions:
- Act as an ambassador for the City of Winnipeg, the Province of Manitoba, and EDW – demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism and integrity.
- Support the YW team by leading the execution of key research projects that contribute to business and economic development activity.
- Support the YW team by performing all required tasks needed to facilitate the closing of sales deals such as the development of proposals, presentations and information packages as well as drafting correspondence, and completing documentation.
- Assist with lead identification, qualification and management including the utilization of market research tools.
- Actively participate in business development activity through all of YW’s key sectors and contribute to the strategic planning cycle where required.
- Work with partner organizations to compile information and data relevant to potential opportunities.
- Organize, coordinate and manage corporate and client information.
- Coordinate and monitor workflows across the YW and EDW teams.
- Assist in planning and executing events.
- Provide superior customer service as a first point of contact for reactive opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Energetic, hard working and passionate about strengthening Winnipeg’s economy.
- Exceptional communications skills – written and verbal, with the ability to document various aspects of work in an objective, meaningful, and concise manner.
- Strong project manager – can multitask, anticipate, prioritize, and meet deadlines and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong judgement to know when and how to ask for support or flag potential issues before they manifest.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to think creatively and work well independently and within a team environment.
- Positive attitude and high levels of motivation and energy, dedication, flexibility, creativity and an ability to understand the ‘big picture’.
- Results-driven and detail-oriented.
- Flexible and willing to adapt roles or responsibilities as required.
Education / Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in business, marketing, or related discipline required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office / Office 365 products including Teams required.
- Experience with CRM platforms an asset.
- Project management experience an asset.
- Bilingualism/multilingualism an asset.
If your passion for Winnipeg is matched by your proven track record in business administration and your strong ability to build rapport with diverse clients and suppliers, this exceptional opportunity is ideal for you. Interested candidates can apply by submitting cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 9 am Friday, April 16, 2021 and applicants of interest will be contacted for an interview.