Talent and Workforce Development Manager with YES! Winnipeg
The Talent and Workforce Development Manager (TM) is a senior position on the YES! Winnipeg (YW) Team, responsible for delivering talent solutions to support new private sector job creation opportunities identified by YW Business Development Managers (BDM). The TM works collaboratively with BDMs assigned to key sectors to identify and pursue high-potential business and investment opportunities that contribute meaningfully to the local economy. The TM is also responsible for identifying and executing on key strategic initiatives.
- Act as an ambassador for the City of Winnipeg, the Province of Manitoba, and Economic Development Winnipeg (EDW) – demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and class;
- Build and maintain general and EDW key sector specific human resource knowledge to support businesses to attract, retain and develop current and future talent;
- Track and analyze talent and workforce related economic risks and opportunities, labour market insights and trends, etc. to inform Winnipeg’s sector value proposition and competitive investment position;
- Lead through collaboration with our partners by identifying, building and maintaining key relationships with clients, investors, industry associations, educational institutions, business groups and other organizations and stakeholders in support of strategic business objectives;
- Work collaboratively with municipal, provincial, and federal government partners from relevant departments, aligning and advancing these relationships to deliver on EDW corporate priorities while maintaining political awareness and sensitivity;
- Develop talent pitches aimed at identified high-potential prospects for business investment retention, expansion, and attraction, taking the time to understand their opportunities and challenges and tailoring client services accordingly;
- Manage a diverse range of reactive requests, multi-tasking and re-prioritizing to meet deadlines;
- Utilize knowledge of Winnipeg’s local talent ecosystem to provide information, services, advice, and connections to qualified clients;
- Assist existing companies to attract, retain and develop talent to support business expansion and retention, attract new domestic businesses to Winnipeg, and attract foreign direct investment (FDI) to Winnipeg.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Energetic, hard-working and passionate about strengthening Winnipeg’s economy;
- A natural self-starter, ability to work proactively and manage a diverse portfolio of files;
- Strong judgement and the ability to anticipate and diffuse potential issues before they occur;
- Ability to think creatively and work well independently and within a team environment;
- Strong aptitude for strategic networking and relationship building;
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to multi-task and respond in a dynamic environment;
- Results-driven and detail-oriented;
- A strategic thinker with superb analytical skills;
- Excellent business acumen and understanding of what a business needs to succeed;
- Politically astute, basic understanding of the language of government and how to work with it effectively;
- Excellent communicator, including superior presentation, listening and writing skills;
- Exceptional professionalism and the ability to present well in representing Winnipeg and EDW at the C-suite level.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a business-related field;
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience in the private sector;
- Successful track record of strategic business development, sales, or a related discipline;
- Experience delivering results in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary business environment;
- Computer literacy/proficiency with Microsoft Office / Office 365 products and CRM platforms.
If your passion for Winnipeg is matched by your proven track record in business administration and your strong ability to build rapport with diverse clients and suppliers, this exceptional opportunity is ideal for you. Interested candidates can apply by submitting cover letters and resumes to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 9 am Tuesday, April 20, 2021 and applicants of interest will be contacted for an interview.