The Director, Marketing is responsible for leading the marketing and branding activities of Economic Development Winnipeg (comprised of three divisions: EDW, Yes Winnipeg and Tourism Winnipeg) that promotes Winnipeg as a destination of choice for investment, talent, and tourism. The Director, Marketing manages the Graphic Designer, Corporate Creative Communications Manager, Travel Media Manager, Creative Communications Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Project Manager, and Digital and Content Marketing Manager for the development and timely implementation of the marketing and branding initiatives. The Director, Marketing is also responsible for building strong relationships and increasing partner revenues with stakeholders. Strong management and leadership skills will lead to success and ultimately increase the local economy.
- Develop the annual strategic marketing plan with the goals, objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) in support of the strategic priorities of the sales teams;
- Oversee and manage the daily, monthly and quarterly action plans of the marketing staff;
- Increase partner and investor revenue by establishing strong stakeholder relationships and providing quality marketing opportunities;
- Understand the key facets of tourism and economic development and the competitive environment related to other cities and Winnipeg’s economic sectors;
- Represent EDW on marketing boards and committees in order to strengthen partnerships through participation;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develop and lead the implementation of all marketing projects including strategies, Winnipeg place brand, proposals/agreements, print collateral, digital collateral, social collateral and advertising campaigns;
- Guide the day-to-day activities of the marketing team;
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and implement improvements;
- Undertake continuous analysis of the competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Create media placement schedules, negotiate rates, prepare deliverables, execute and follow up;
- Manage outside contractors and suppliers;
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to identify marketing materials and programs;
- Collaborate with the sales teams to provide appropriate sales tools, materials and presentations;
- Develop and create partnership opportunities to increase revenue while also furthering the Winnipeg brand;
- Create ‘value-in-kind’ partnerships;
- Maximize collaboration with industry stakeholders by developing relationships and building partnerships and delivering quality service to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the directors to understand and develop marketing strategies that support the initiatives and goals of tourism and economic development;
- Assist in the creation of strategic workflow paths and processes for EDW’s departments;
- Maintain and reconcile the marketing budgets and revenue worksheets on a monthly basis, including quarterly and annual projections;
- Maintain accurate job costing project records;
- Oversee the content management systems for the marketing platforms, including the customer relations management system and website;
- Oversee the analytics for all platforms including website, social, email, and digital;
- Work responsibly in accordance with the Corporation’s Policy Playbook.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent knowledge of marketing;
- Proven ability to manage projects from conception to completion;
- In-depth knowledge of search engine optimization, keyword optimization, web page optimization, off site factoring and web analytics;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Google AdWords and other digital advertising platforms;
- Creative, innovative, strategic thinker;
- Good understanding of brand development and hierarchy;
- Positive interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage several concurrent projects and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills: verbal, written, and listening including confidence in conducting presentations to groups;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required;
- Must be available to work extended hours as required;
- Second language is an asset.
- Post secondary degree in marketing or equivalent experience;
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles (minimum 5 years);
- Entrepreneurial mindset with branding and marketing experience and knowledge;
- Previous experience in marketing for tourism, business, or economic development is considered an asset.
If your passion for Winnipeg is matched by your proven track record in sales/business development and your strong ability to build rapport with diverse clients and suppliers, this exceptional opportunity is ideal for you. Interested candidates can apply by submitting cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written applications will be accepted until 9am on Monday, May 17, 2021 and applicants of interest will be contacted for an interview.