Client Services Coordinator – Tourism Winnipeg
The Client Services Coordinator is responsible for assisting clients in promoting their meeting, convention, sport, special events and group tours to Winnipeg to maximize attendance for increased visitor revenues. The Client Services Coordinator is an integral part of the business development process and is responsible for building and maintaining strong working relationships with the local tourism industry, acts as liaison between clients and stakeholders, conducts presentations on Winnipeg, provides tourism concierge services.
- Manage the client servicing platform by assessing and improving protocol systems in collaboration with stakeholders to increase effectiveness, efficiencies and customer satisfaction;
- Undertake responsibility for increasing tourism expenditures by offering excellent customer services for conventions, sports, special events and group tours that are coming to Winnipeg;
- Prepare all proposals for conventions, sports, special events and group tours for events that are city confirmed for Winnipeg; and
- Provide travel concierge services for visitors to optimize visitations.
Client and Stakeholder Servicing
- Develop strong relationships with clients and partners through regular contact via email, telephone and in-person meetings;
- Reach out to clients for pre- and post- assistance to maximize service offerings, post-surveys, etc.;
- Provide servicing to include sample itineraries, social or companion program ideas, recommendation of local suppliers that can enhance meetings and conventions, sports and special events and group tours to Winnipeg as well as visitor servicing offerings;
- Accompany clients on site visits and familiarization tours;
- Ensure pre-event and on-site needs for Tourism Winnipeg’s marketing materials and information are met;
- Provide tourism presentations on Winnipeg to local host committees;
- Follow-up with clients to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Follow-up with clients for testimonials;
- Maintain a list of and research new local suppliers;
- Coordinate mobile information booth;
- Collaborate with the Business Development Managers to provide welcome kits for clients when in Winnipeg; and
- Assist Sales Administrator with bids and site visits as required.
- Be well versed in Salesforce, the customer relations management system, for reports, data management and as back-up for the Sales Administrator;
- Maintain and update the database to maintain list of future conventions and events;
- Collaborate with Market Intelligence to develop delegate/participant surveys;
- Collaborate with Marketing and Branding to develop new conference marketing tools, update current materials, and update website information;
- Respond to visitors enquiries through emails, telephone and in-person visits;
- Produce accurate monthly reports;
- Provide overall assistance and support to the tourism division; and
- Undertake special projects as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent customer and client service skills;
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle several concurrent projects;
- Exhibit outstanding communication skills including verbal, written and listening as well as confidence in conducting presentations to groups;
- Demonstrate strong problem solving, analytical, creative thinking and decision-making skills;
- Able to work well in a team environment and independently;
- Possess a high degree of professionalism and dedication; and
- Be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a customer service role;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma is required;
- Significant technical knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office is required;
- Valid driver’s license is required; and
- Previous experience in hospitality is preferred.
DIVERSE TEAMS CREATE BETTER IDEAS AND GROWTH IN OUR CITY
As a strong connector between business, industry, educational institutions and governments, Economic Development Winnipeg knows the most diverse teams bring about the best results when it comes to innovation, growth and impact on a community. Economic Development Winnipeg values team members who are diverse in age, gender identity, race and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientation, physical and mental abilities. Diverse voices are critical in the next chapter of Winnipeg’s economic growth and contribute to our city’s success.
HOW TO APPLY
Fully-vaccinated candidates can apply by submitting cover letters and resumes to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 9 a.m. on Wednesday, May 25, 2022 and applicants of interest will be contacted for an interview.