Summer Student Opportunity: Social Media and Communications Coordinator
The Social Media and Communications Coordinator is responsible for assisting in creating content for story development and assisting with the digital marketing activities across all channels in order to promote Winnipeg as a tourist destination.
- Work closely with the marketing and sales teams to write content that is market specific for the leisure, sports, meetings and conventions and travel trade platforms
- Increase engagement through social media posts and interactions with targeted audiences that helps grow and expand Tourism Winnipeg’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram through impactful content and regular engagement
- Assist with the development of the Facebook ads, monitor and manage the account
- Host Instagram walks and build relationships with local Instagrammers and photographers to optimize opportunities for Tourism Winnipeg Proactively push Winnipeg videos, blogs and written stories through the web and online platforms
- Assist with executing all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Second language an asset
Interested applicants can send their resume to Kelly Krebs at email@example.com by April 1, 2019. No phone calls please.