Economic Development Winnipeg
Economic Development Winnipeg Inc. (EDW) is the city’s lead economic development agency and champion for local growth. We use expert analysis to highlight the Winnipeg Advantage and prove why we are the best place to live, work and visit.
Governed by a private-sector board and driven by the needs of the business community, EDW grows the local economy by attracting business, investment, events and people to our city.
The YES! Winnipeg business development team promotes the city as the ideal location for new business, expansion, investment and top talent, making it easy to grow and invest in Winnipeg through a suite of specialized services, market intelligence and business connections.
The Tourism Winnipeg team is the city’s official destination marketing organization and leads all efforts to attract visitors, special events, sports, meetings and conventions to Winnipeg and provide residents and visitors the best possible experience.
To promote and influence economic growth in Winnipeg.
To ensure Economic Development Winnipeg Inc. is recognized as a leader, nationally and internationally, in stimulating economic growth for the city of Winnipeg.
EDW strives to lead, facilitate and promote Winnipeg’s economic development and tourism development efforts.
EDW has adopted a core set of values that define the manner in which affairs are conducted. These fundamental constructs are as follows:
Integrity – Honest, trustworthy and fair
Respect – Valuing opinions and ideas
Responsibility – Transparent and results-driven
Leadership – Activators and motivators
Innovation – Creative, adaptable and agents of change
Collaboration – Relationship-building with stakeholders
Economic Development Winnipeg's core services and initiatives include:
- Economic development
- Market regional advantages to attract investment
- Evaluate issues critical to Winnipeg’s economic development
- Act as an industry advocate and liaison
- Support the growth and global competitiveness of key industries
- Assist new companies with site selection
- Connect businesses and build relationships
- Market Winnipeg’s business environment
- Target opportunities for business development
- Provide community and lifestyle information
- Information and research management
- Communications and media relations