Economic Development Winnipeg launches new talent attraction tools
March 15, 2019
WINNIPEG, MB – Economic Development Winnipeg is launching new web tools to help attract talent and investment to the city.
These tools, which include newly restructured websites and a new tourism video, highlighting the city’s unique advantages and culture, will help sell Winnipeg to a global audience.
A new economic development resource site, administered by Canadian firm LocalIntel, allows users to access Winnipeg-specific data more applicable to their needs. This information can be used by companies and site selectors to learn more about the city.
A reconstructed tourism website features more options to explore the city’s events and attractions, while better supporting mobile functionality and location-based customization.
A new tourism video highlights many of the city’s unique attractions including its four-season appeal, arts and culture offerings, multicultural experiences, and burgeoning local food scene.
- “We hear time and again that when meeting with businesses that their primary obstacle for growth is access to talent. We want to be a one-stop shop to help companies meet their talent attraction goals. These tools will help showcase Winnipeg to a global audience and reinforce the fact that Winnipeg is an exciting place to live and work.” – Dayna Spiring, President & CEO, Economic Development Winnipeg
- “Updated websites and a new leisure video are additional tools to sell ourselves to the world, convince more businesses and visitors to experience Winnipeg for themselves, and discover what makes us unique.” – Cody Chomiak, Director of Marketing, Economic Development Winnipeg
New Economic Development Winnipeg tools
- Winnipeg-specific real-time data that is updated automatically, providing a current and reliable information hub.
- Researchers will be able to access customized searches filtered according to their specific industry and geographic location.
- Data is automatically visualized and available to download, allowing companies to use this information to make better business decisions.
New Tourism Winnipeg website tools
- A local guides page to discover the favourite local destinations of some of Winnipeg’s best-known personalities.
- A customized itinerary builder page, which can also be used by hospitality frontline staff to curate trips for visitors and tourists.
- A new series of Top 10 lists to provide year-round inspiration for visitors, based on their own travel preferences.
- A tutorial on using the website tools is available here.
About Economic Development Winnipeg Inc.
Economic Development Winnipeg Inc. (EDW) is the lead economic development agency for Winnipeg. EDW facilitates investment promotion and attraction, capacity building, tourism development and the management of market data. By utilizing competitive intelligence and by fostering relationships with industry leaders, government officials and community stakeholders, EDW evaluates potential opportunities and innovation drivers to develop key industries and define opportunities for future economic growth. EDW also supports targeted sector, community and social development, and promotes Winnipeg’s diverse economy and high quality of life.
For further information, please contact:
Manager, Corporate Communications
Economic Development Winnipeg Inc.
Phone: 204.954.1961 Cell: 204.791.3323