#WPGWhiteout Street Parties ready for takeoff
WINNIPEG, MB – The 2019 #WPGWhiteout Street Parties presented by Tim Hortons are ready to kick off this week, and ready to welcome thousands of fans to the streets of downtown Winnipeg to celebrate their hockey team and their city.
With the Stanley Cup Playoffs schedule now confirmed, the following times have been confirmed for the first two Street Parties:
- Wednesday, April 10. Street Party gates open at 5:00pm, game starts 7:00pm.
- Friday, April 12. Street Party gates open at 6:30pm, game starts 8:30pm.
Tickets for the first two (2) home games of the Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round 2019 #WPGWhiteout Street Party presented by Tim Hortons are now on sale at winnipegjets.com/tickets. Individual tickets are $5 each, and there is a limit of four (4) tickets per person for each game. Tickets for future First Round games, if necessary, will be made available once games are confirmed.
Organizers for the #WPGWhiteout Street Parties also announced funding support from the Government of Manitoba. The province is providing up to $400,000 in additional funding for Travel Manitoba to support the Street Parties, in amounts of $100,000 per Stanley Cup Playoffs round. The funds will contribute towards providing a safe venue to celebrate the success of the Winnipeg Jets, while promoting both the city and province to a global audience.
This year, the #WPGWhiteout Street Parties have partnered with United Way Winnipeg, who will allocate 100% of ticket proceeds directly to agencies working in the city. The agencies who will receive funding from United Way Winnipeg have been selected around three key issues important to our community, all of which particularly impact Winnipeg’s downtown: addictions, mental health, and homelessness.
For more information on United Way Winnipeg’s role during these events, visit wpgwhiteoutstreetparty.ca/giving-back.
For more information and general FAQs regarding the 2019 #WPGWhiteout Street Parties presented by Tim Hortons, please visit wpgwhiteoutstreetparty.ca/faqs.
- “The #WPGWhiteout Street Parties are all about us coming together to celebrate our city and province, and we’re excited to put a spotlight back on Winnipeg’s energy. This year, we’re grateful for the Government of Manitoba’s financial support which will contribute towards the Street Party experience. We’re also thrilled to have a chance to make a difference in our community through our new partnership with United Way Winnipeg.” – Dayna Spiring, President & CEO, Economic Development Winnipeg
- “The return of the Jets to Winnipeg has helped to reunite our city and province, enabling Manitobans to join together in a celebration of civic pride and our love of the game. These celebrations are a unique opportunity to showcase the culture and vibrancy downtown Winnipeg has to offer, and we’re pleased to be a part of making the events this year a continued success.” – Hon. Cathy Cox, Minister of Sport, Culture, and Heritage.
- “Our professional sports franchises have a tremendous impact on raising the profile of Manitoba’s brand and increasing awareness of what we have to offer. We are pleased to invest in opportunities that allow locals to show their pride, that attract visitors to our province, and that support the local tourism industry at the same time.” – Colin Ferguson, President and CEO, Travel Manitoba
- “The Whiteout Parties signify the passion in our community for the Winnipeg Jets and now, this year, also for our broader community. This is truly Winnipeggers helping Winnipeggers, which is core to United Way’s vision for supporting a better Winnipeg. The proceeds will be invested directly in local organizations working to address these important issues and help to make a real difference in the lives of Winnipeggers. We are proud to be helping to showcase Winnipeg’s generosity and compassion for our community to the world.” – Joan Hardy, Chair of United Way Winnipeg’s Board of Trustees.
About Economic Development Winnipeg Inc.
Economic Development Winnipeg Inc. (EDW) is the lead economic development agency for Winnipeg. EDW facilitates investment promotion and attraction, capacity building, tourism development and the management of market data. By utilizing competitive intelligence and by fostering relationships with industry leaders, government officials and community stakeholders, EDW evaluates potential opportunities and innovation drivers to develop key industries and define opportunities for future economic growth. EDW also supports targeted sector, community and social development, and promotes Winnipeg’s diverse economy and high quality of life.
About United Way Winnipeg
United Way Winnipeg is a way for Winnipeggers to work together; a city-wide web of local agency partners, all levels of government, special partnerships, caring workplaces, and thousands of donors and volunteers. United, we help our fellow Winnipeggers through a network of over a hundred donor-funded agencies and programs. 100% of donations to United Way Winnipeg go to agencies and programs in our city. One person at a time, one family at a time, we invest in, build up, and share in a strong, resilient, hopeful Winnipeg.
For further information, please contact:
Manager, Corporate Communications
Economic Development Winnipeg Inc.
Phone: 204.954.1961 Cell: 204.791.3323