On behalf of all travellers, welcome Porter Airlines, to the Winnipeg Richardson International Airport!
On September 7, 2023, Porter Airlines celebrated their inaugural flight from Winnipeg to Toronto – the latest in the airline’s service expansion across Canada. This non-stop flight is available twice a day, every day of the week, offering additional flexibility in travel planning.
In the post-pandemic era, many are eager to travel for tourism and leisure reasons, as well as for business. Here is an overview of some of the many benefits to flying with Porter:
- Experience the luxury of a premium service level on an economy product, including complimentary beverage service in glassware. All Porter flights also offer free Wi-Fi for streaming, as well as free snacks.
- Porter Airlines operates the Embraer E195-E2 aircraft, featuring 33 rows of four seats each. The middle seat has been eliminated from all rows for increased comfort.
- The design of this particular aircraft’s engine emphasizes a reduction of both fuel consumption and noise, making it an eco-conscious choice for the frequent flyer.
- Porter offers two options for the best possible experience — PorterClassic or PorterReserve.
- In PorterClassic, passengers enjoy complimentary beverages (including wine and beer) and snacks, while fresh meal items are available for purchase. There is also an option to increase leg room by sitting in the PorterClassic Stretch seats which provide an extra four inches of space (34” total compared to the 30” in PorterClassic).
- PorterReserve offers passengers an extra six inches of leg room (36” total) and all food and beverage options are included. PorterReserve passengers are located at the front of the aircraft, which makes for easy deplaning.
- This new flight option presents Winnipeg travellers additional ways to explore and experience cities in Eastern Canada. It also enables easier access to Winnipeg via Toronto for travellers coming from Eastern cities like St. John’s, Halifax and Ottawa.
Increased connectivity benefits us all through enhanced convenience, supported economic development and visitation. Learn more about Porter here.