Dear YES! Winnipeg Investors,
As our world continues to deal with the spread of COVID-19, our thoughts go out to everyone who is struggling during this difficult time. YES! Winnipeg is responding in a number of ways:
- We have created a COVID-19 Toolkit with resources and available programs for businesses. It includes insights, advice and economic impact analysis from our trusted municipal, provincial and national partners. We will be updating this list on a regular basis.
Your YES! Winnipeg team
- Our team is available to speak with you about any issues and challenges you’re facing to help you evaluate options and solutions.
- We can connect you with other investors who may be experiencing similar business challenges for added support and insights.
- We will continue to track and share the economic impacts on our city and province and share that information with you on a regular basis.
- We will continue to scan for opportunities for Winnipeg companies.
- We will help identify new suppliers for companies experiencing supply chain disruptions.
YES! Winnipeg Business
We are monitoring the developments of COVID-19 in Canada and abroad. The health and safety of our investors, partners and team is paramount, and for the time being we have suspended travel to activities at the local, national and international levels that involve large gatherings. We continue to work towards our collective business goals, with some adjustments to the following activities:
- Talent mission to Ukraine, May 21-25 – postponing travel and exploring online alternatives.
- Investor event, March 26 – event is cancelled but we are planning a webinar with Tripwire Media Group and will share details once they are confirmed.
- Foreign Direct Investment – international travel has been suspended as numerous conferences and tradeshows have been cancelled/postponed.
- Our YW team is proactively connecting with our local business community to provide services and support.
Our Investors Respond to COVID-19
Our investor community continues to stay positive in the face of adversity. We would like to share with others how your business is supporting our community during this difficult time. Please share your efforts with us and we will amplify them on our networks, including our social media channels. Here are a few examples:
- RBC commits $2 million in support of COVID-19 community response
- True North Sports & Entertainment pays employees despite event cancellations
- Bell MTS waives roaming fees
- Air Canada waives change fees
YES! Winnipeg was founded on the strength of investors like you and your commitment to our tight-knit community. As always, our community will get through this difficult period — together.
On behalf of our team, we wish you, your family, friends and colleagues the best of health.
Vice President, Sales and Business Development