A Message from Dayna Spiring: We're industrious
We're willing to explore unconventional solutions to succeed
As we all start to settle into our new reality, our team at Economic Development Winnipeg continues to work on ways we can help our companies and partners recover after this unprecedented event passes.
In Winnipeg, we’re industrious, we show initiative and we’re willing explore unconventional solutions to succeed. That gives me hope that our companies and tourism industry will weather this, and grow beyond. Right now we are taking steps to support you and your businesses.
This week I met, virtually, with Mayor Brian Bowman, city councillors and leaders from Winnipeg’s business community as part of the mayor’s new COVID-19 Business Task Force. We’ve come together to discuss the impacts of this crisis to our business community and measures we can undertake to mitigate it. We will meet regularly to discuss and implement real solutions. We want your feedback too.
Here are some of the initiatives we're working on:
- Weekly insights on impacts to the economy from our Market Intelligence team
- Regular updates to COVID-19 toolkit with helpful resources and links for businesses
- Regular updates to a COVID-19 resource page for our tourism industry partners
- Web contact form for business to reach out to us with their concerns
- Our YES! Winnipeg business development teams are familiarizing themselves with new economic stimulus programs to help business navigate the system.
Please reach out to our team directly. We can help.
As they’ve always done, our marketing team is telling the Winnipeg story. There are so many amazing people coming together to support our community and we are amplifying those stories through all of our social media channels and websites. I encourage you to follow us and share these stories too.