The best way to decide how something will look and fit you is to see how someone like you wore and styled it.
Enter Parallel. A fashion-first social commerce platform that curates your feed to show you options, based on your body dimensions and shopping preferences. The app allows users to become brand models. They can add their body measurements and upload their fashion looks to the Parallel, which is free to download.
Through the app, you’ll see images from a diverse spectrum of people and what different styles would look like on someone who has a similar body type as you. Then you can shop their outfits.
Parallel has over 3500 affiliate brand partnerships. If people buy clothes through users’ posts, Parallel users can get paid anywhere from five to 20 per cent of the clothing item price they feature from eligible brands on the site. That means...we can all be influencers!
We sat down with Chris Schmidt, CEO & Co-Founder of Pluto Ventures to learn some interesting facts about him and Parallel, the latest venture out of his very creative company found right in our Winnipeg backyard
- Chris Schmidt and Geofilter Studio was behind the Snapchat filters everyone uses today. Schmidt also started his first business at the age of 10—Schmidt Tree Banding—which is still in business, today.
- Parallel’s users span 191 countries and the site is viewed in 150 languages.
- Parallel’s Tik Tok account was launched eight months ago and currently has more than 500K followers.
- All of Pluto Venture’s staff—just 16 people right now—call Winnipeg home and are proud to be building the next big social commerce platform in this city.
- Parallel has raised capital from prominent investors from right across North America.