About YES! Winnipeg
YES! Winnipeg is Economic Development Winnipeg's business development team, which attracts new companies to the city, assists entrepreneurs in bringing their ideas to life and helps existing businesses expand. YES! Winnipeg’s mission is to grow and strengthen Winnipeg's economy by assisting in the creation of new jobs and by attracting capital investment. Services are provided at no cost to clients.
YES! Winnipeg showcases why Winnipeg is an ideal location and steadfast economic climate for business growth. YES! Winnipeg facilitates connections to the people and organizations that can successfully address key decision triggers. Most often this includes:
- Navigating government assistance programs
- Uncovering pathways to key government officials for permits/approvals
- Connecting to the right people/workforce/talent
- Sourcing strategic suppliers
- Locating ideal real estate for each project
- Identifying financing and capital investment partners
YES! Winnipeg is focused on assisting business retention, expansion and attraction within 10 key sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Creative Industries
- Energy & Environment
- Financial Services
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Life Sciences
- Transportation & Distribution
Winnipeg’s value proposition is particularly well-suited to the following:
- Advanced manufacturing, value-added assembly and agri-processing entities
- Back-office operations, customer and corporate support hubs, application development entities
- Data centres
- Research, development and testing facilities
YES! Winnipeg was created to build a more robust and growing private sector by:
- Expanding the tax base
- Creating new jobs
- Retaining and attracting talented new graduates
- Generating real and sustainable wealth
Winnipeg is alive with opportunity. With an abundant supply of renewable hydroelectric energy at among the lowest prices in North America, a central location ideally suited to support a broad customer base and significant trimodal transportation assets (and CentrePort Canada, Canada’s official inland port), Winnipeg punches above its weight. Consider the following:
- Winnipeg offers skilled talent and an abundant, trained workforce. Human capital development is supported by post-secondary institutions.
- Winnipeg offers an excellent quality of life; is one of the most stable, consistent and predictable economies in Canada due to a diverse industrial base; and offers among the lowest overall business costs in North America.
- Winnipeg is well-known for its supportive community of businesses, industries and academic institutions bolstered by government programs focusing in part on research and development.