The events of the last few weeks are unprecedented, and we are keeping a pulse on the world as it is changing minute-by-minute. Tourism plays a significant role in the economy and we will continue to work together to assist one another as we move forward.
Resources and advice
- We have compiled a list of resources and current information from our industry partners that you might find helpful. We will update this page on a regular basis.
- We have also created a COVID-19 Toolkit with resources and available programs for businesses. It includes insights, advice and economic impact analysis from our trusted municipal, provincial and national partners. We will be updating this list on a regular basis.
Short-term strategy changes
- As the tourism industry spirals due to COVID-19, we are monitoring and adjusting our leisure advertising campaigns to ensure we promote relevant content for our leisure audiences. Please send information for our social media channels regarding virtual tours, online shopping and take-out dining that we can share with our networks.
- We invite you to participate in a Tourism Industry Facebook Group so that we can discuss industry issues, share latest developments, and protocols for best practices that can help one another. Please send your information to Mike Green.
Bids and RFPs
- Many of your clients have contacted us and expressed their appreciation for your flexibility and considerations. We appreciate that you are doing everything possible to accommodate their needs. As you are an integral part of our tourism family, we offer our services. Please reach out to our team: Natalie, Grace, Stephanie, Annie, Crystal, Breanne, and Lynnea as they are readily available to assist.
The tourism industry stands together and we appreciate your contributions and considerations in slowing the spread of COVID-19. Our collective collaboration will bring us a successful future.
Vice President, Marketing and Tourism Winnipeg