Find What You Need
Our document library contains the essential documents for anyone looking into why Winnipeg may be an ideal place to relocate and/or expand their business. Below is a categorized list of research material that will be required for a business to be aware of in order to make a decision about considering Winnipeg.
Cost of Living
- Average Residential Prices: CMA Comparison (pdf 113.56 KB)+
- Apartment Vacancy Rate Comparison (pdf 77.84 KB)+
- Average Two Bedroom Apartment Rent: CMA Comparison (pdf 91.96 KB)+
- Comparison of Household Expenditures by Province (pdf 137.19 KB)+
- Consumer Price Index All-Items - CMA's & Canada (pdf 91.39 KB)+
- International Housing Affordability Ratings (pdf 77.89 KB)+
(pdf 88.57 KB)+
Read all about how Export Development Canada (EDC) works with the nation's business community in this brief primer. EDC is Canada’s export credit agency. Its job is to support and develop Canada’s export trade by helping Canadian companies respond to international business opportunities.
- Manitoba Exports by Industry (pdf 124.46 KB)+
Cost of Doing Business
(pdf 96.67 KB)+
Winnipeg continues to be one of North America's most attractive cities in terms of overall business cost competitiveness, according to the 2012 edition of KPMG's Competitive Alternatives report. Check out the compelling chart presented here.
(pdf 89.41 KB)+
The World Trade Centre Winnipeg and Entrepreneurship Manitoba will provide answers to your business questions. Read about what these initiative can do to help your business thrive.
- Interprovincial Comparison of Tax Rates (pdf 78.89 KB)+
Major Tax Credits in Manitoba: Federal & Provincial
(pdf 93.6 KB)+
No matter where the savings come from—or what name they’re given—Winnipeg is focussed on ensuring the global competitiveness of its business base. Once all factors are considered, including the various tax credits introduced on these pages, you’ll find Winnipeg makes a persuasive case for expansion and investment.
- Major Taxes in Manitoba: Federal & Provincial (pdf 107.14 KB)+
- Municipal Taxes and Assessment (pdf 112.96 KB)+
Winnipeg Advantages for Business and Investors
(pdf 109.21 KB)+
Here you'll find dozens and dozens of key rankings and stats that champion Winnipeg as an ideal place for business investment.
Winnipeg's Highly Competitive Research and Development Environment
(pdf 94.94 KB)+
Winnipeg's research and development programs and incentives help researchers unearth knowledge, expertise and technologies that will directly benefit our community (and the world). Learn more about what these programs are and how they can potentially help your business succeed.
- Winnipeg Key Economic Indicators (pdf 128.03 KB)+
- Fully Serviced Industrial Parks and Areas (pdf 71 KB)+
- Manufacturing Zoning Districts: Definitions (pdf 88.26 KB)+
- Zoning Information for the City Of Winnipeg (pdf 67.37 KB)+
- Barometer Report (pdf 4.25 MB)+
- Tourism Snapshot of Winnipeg (pdf 3.39 MB)+
Winnipeg's Culinary Scene 2018-19
(pdf 3.13 MB)+
We’re a city with more than 1,100 restaurants where over 100 languages are spoken, so it should come as no surprise that Winnipeg’s cultural diversity is showcased in a world of flavours by our restaurants.
YES! Winnipeg Publications
- Winnipeg's Data Centre Advantages (pdf 920.16 KB)+
YES! Winnipeg Campaign 2020 Brochure
(pdf 1.87 MB)+
As YES! Winnipeg shifts into its second five-year mission at the start of 2016, your support is more important than ever. Choosing to invest with YES! Winnipeg means you support Winnipeg’s future growth and believe in the current businesses and organizations committed to accomplishing them. You believe a focused team is the right approach to attracting business here.